This Diversity Mentoring Initiative is a collaboration between the Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity Section of ACEP and the EMRA Diversity and Inclusion Committee to promote and support leadership and career development within our diverse emergency medicine community inclusive of medical students, residents, fellows, academic attendings and community emergency physicians. This program aims to facilitate mentoring relationships for those seeking guidance or coaching from experienced, knowledgeable EM physicians and to offer a variety of mentoring opportunities by assimilating and matching mentors with mentees.
Why Become a Mentor?
- DEVELOP feedback and critical thinking skills
- GROW your network within the organization
- ADVANCE your leadership skills
- GAIN better understanding of the organization
Why Become a Mentee?
- GROW professional networks
- LEARN to navigate workplace challenges
- DEVELOP your leadership skills
- EXPLORE opportunities and build your career path
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell